Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Who wants cake??






I don't know if it's the holidays or me just being home more, but I am a baking fool! I have made more goodies this past month then anything else. John loves it and I'm probably adding weight that we should be losing for 2009! :)
This month flew by and has been so busy, but it's been a good busy. We had a great Christmas. My family came over for dinner on Christmas and we watched movies and visited. It was nice to be with them for the holiday. My Dad isn't doing very well, so it was nice to hang out with him. It was funnier to see him play video games with John. John was showing him how to do it and my Dad liked it - he kept laughing. Something I enjoy to hear.

I just got approval from the HOA on my plans for my back yard, so I am going to call the guy out next week and see when he can start. We're excited for that because it's just dirt right now, and my dogs have been staying with my Grandma this whole time. I'm ready for the kids to come home! :)

Also, I filled out paperwork to go back to school. I'm hoping to start Monday. It's something I have wanted to do, but something always got in the way or we couldn't afford to. Anyway I'm hoping to get into the LVN program (Nurse). It takes a year and I only need one prerequisite in order to apply - which is the class that starts Monday. We just thought with me not finding a job; there was no better time to go to school then now. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I haven't been to school in forever, but I am so motivated to get myself a degree!
I hope you all have a great New Year, and I hope 2009 brings you love, health, and happiness!
We love you guys...

2 comments:

Brooke said...

You are a baking fool!!! Those cakes look muy delicioso!!! You will have to give me some tips...I am slowly, but surely learning how to cook!

I bet you are so excited for your pups to come home- Dogs are the BEST!!! What are you doing to your backyard???

Congrats on starting nursing school- you brave soul- not a fan of blood and guts...my mama is a RN. Nursing is an awesome profession- you will be a great one!!! :)

Kelly said...

Thanks! :)

We're just laying concrete and sod. We're just excited to be able to go out there and BBQ. John is mostly!