Monday, December 8, 2008

YUM!



This weekend started off nice. John and I went on a sushi date. We found a great place close to home and love the food!
On Saturday my grandma wanted us to come over for my birthday lunch and we ended up spending the day with them. It was nice to share a glass of wine with her. We talk everyday and you would think we would have nothing else to talk about. HA!
I was anxiously waiting to get home that night and see if my book came that I ordered. It did and I stayed up late reading - did I tell you I can't get enough of these Twilight books?! Well I can't! I absolutely adore them! I did see the movie and it turned out to be a bummer. The books are always better though, right? On Sunday we didn't do much of anything - which was nice! I did some laundry and read most of the day. John had to work on his book. It's nice to be close to each other while the other person does their own thing, so it feels like we still hang out. :)
I'm a little stressed out about this whole job thing. The economy SUCKS right now! I keep telling myself we're fine, but I hate staying home! I feel like I should be contributing somehow, so while I am home I stay busy. On the upside; I'm looking forward to my b-day this Thursday and especially for my b-day dinner with all my loves. It should be a great time.
The weather has been so beautiful lately - blue skies and lots of fluffy white clouds...and chilly nights that require snuggling up in a warm blanket. The end of the year make people in joyful moods - other than the stress of shopping for Christmas presents - people look content and have happiness in their eyes. Especially when you pass by a shop with Christmas music on and beautiful decorations. I love this time of year.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Awwwww, I'm close to my grandma too! She cracks me up!!!

Ryan read all day Sunday too...LOL The last Harry Potter Book....I try to read, but can't stay focused...Ryan says I have ADD ...LOL

I'm glad you foiund a yummy sushi place- hope you have a very happy birthday!!!

You will find a job soon- enjoy the time off-you have had a VERY busy couple of months!!!