This weekend started off FANTASTIC! It began on December 11th (Thursday) which is the best day of the year - My birfday! :) I got up early and drove down to meet Erin for breakfast at Mimi's Cafe, and then to get pedicures...but ended up making a day of it and went Christmas Shopping as well. I swear it was one of the best b-day's I've had in a long time! The day just consisted of us being together with great conversation and taking our time on what we did. No rushing. We got a lot accomplished and being that we're both trying to Christmas shop on a budget; we did VERY well. I am done - with the exception of my Dad. I was so excited that I got such great presents for a great deal. Yes, you can too people - it just takes time. Once I got home that night; I had another present waiting for me at the door - red roses! That John of mine is definitely a keeper!
Friday night we celebrated again and went to dinner with our friends Erin and Carlos. One of the things about my b-day being in December is a lot of people already have parties etc to attend, so I was glad that the two most important people made time for me. We went to Claim Jumper and had a BLAST!


We were there for a couple hours and had great food. We were all stuffed when we left! Can you see why?! :) It was a fun night - maybe a little too much fun (I felt it the next day) but totally worth it!


Saturday it rained most of the day, and so I thought what a perfect way to spend the day by staying in and doing all my holiday baking! I made cookies, cookie bars, and mini loafs to pass out to my friends and family. It made my house smell so yummy! I love being home on rainy days...it makes me so motivated to get all those little things done that you don't necessarily want to do any other day...like cleaning out your dresser/closet, or organizing bills. Rainy days are what I save those projects for! Later on in the afternoon - Bryan and Micah came over to hang out and we ended up playing Chinese checkers. It was pretty fun!
Sunday John woke me up and wanted to go to this church by our house, so we got dressed and made it for the second service. We loved it! I was raised going to church, but my family was never the kind that preached to those who didn't. It was just something we felt was a great way to show fellowship with each other. So I kind of brought John into it, and I'm glad he loves going as much as I do. It's a neat way to get involved with your community and make great friends. After church we went to La Jolla to eat lunch at a place on the water called the Crab Catcher. It was AWESOME and so beautiful. We were seated next to a big window overlooking the ocean. Afterwards we walked off what we ate and went down to the cliffs and saw some seals. It was such a pretty day.
All in all it was a GREAT weekend!



2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday!!! It looks like you had a blast! I'm glad you were in Cali to spend it with your friends :)
I love going to church too...I take Ryan along with me- we both were not raised with any "real" religion, but for the last couple of years have begun attending services...I think we found a church that we like.
That crab looks delicious!!! We will have to get together in June when we fly out- we will be in CA for 2 weeks...did Jenn tell you we are going to see her- we are driving to Nashville in 2 weeks!!! TTYL :)
Happy belated birthday Kelly.
I miss La Jolla!
Post a Comment