Saturday, January 17, 2009

Why does life have to be complicated?

This last week has been a busy one. I'm desperately trying to get enrolled in school, which that part has been easy - it's trying to get into the classes I need that's the problem. Apparently, with the economy being how it is - everyone wants to go back to school too. So it's been very competitive, and I have been busting my booty to get in. Hopefully it all works out. I'm registered for 3 classes and on a wait list for the other two. *sigh*
On top of all of that - I don't get to pay the nice $20 a unit - nope, it's more like $201 a unit! Yeah, you heard me, CRAZY! Apparently, I am no longer a California resident since I was living in another state more than a year. But that is how life is I guess - nothing ever works out the way you want it - no smooth roads. So we have to bite the bullet and do what we have to do.
On the flip side, our back yard was completed! I love it. I designed the layout and I love the turnout. The guys that did it were awesome! There is still a lot of work to do - they just took care of the hardscape (concrete & sod) and I'm going to plant the trees and flowers. I also want to say I have been doing a lot of bargain shopping for pots etc. and I just bought a 7 piece patio set that is a year old and beautiful for under $200! I priced these out and normally they are $400+ brand new. I was stoked! Once it's all done I will post some pictures.
We love that even in the stressful moments, we get to take our minds off of it and hang out with our loved ones. Last Saturday we went to dinner with Mike & Adrienne. They wanted us to try this all you can eat sushi place...we were a little apprehensive on how fresh the fish would be, but it was really good! We were there a couple hours and really enjoyed ourselves. Here's a picture of the two lovebirds!






















On Sunday, my Grandma, John, and I went to Chinatown in Los Angeles. We had such a GREAT time! I remember it being so much bigger when I was little and we all think the economy has definitely something to do with it because there wasn't as many shops open as I remember, but it was fun non the less. We all ate at a good "real" Chinese food restaurant. When I say real - I mean the food was different and John says it's because we're use to the American way. We all got to experience it and it was super good. I love Asian culture. I am so fascinated with it. I tell John all the time how I wish I was Japanese too! LOL



























































I also want to mention how much I love being close to my best friend Holly - not to exclude the other two - I'm just saying since I've been back and jobless (LOL - inside joke) we've been hanging out a lot and I have gotten super close to her little girl Jenna whom I love SO much! I definitely forgot how much happier I am being close to my friends and family and moving back made me realize how much I took for granted before. Anyway I love you Hollybear! xo



No comments: