Sunday, August 24, 2008

Have you checked your vapor barriers lately?? :)



This last week has been pretty crazy.  The buyers hired their own home inspection guy to come out and he was here for 3 hours.  He looked over everything, which is great for them, but scary for us.  We were biting our nails because even though our house is new, something can always be fixed.  So when they came back and told us what needed to be fixed we were shocked.  He went under the house in the crawl space and found that a corner of our house had no vapor barriers.  Basically what that means is the wood beams that support the house were sitting on the ground with nothing underneath when they should be sitting on cement.  Not all - just one corner Thank God!  Anyway, this is not a good thing because termites can get to the wood or if water gets to the wood it can rot.  So we were nervous thinking the buyers would say forget it, but luckily so far they weren't.  They just wanted it fixed.  John was super busy last week having a structural engineer come out and then contractors to give us some quotes.  So next week if all goes well - it should be fixed and we can continue the process of going into escrow.  They want to move in September 29th.  Which is great but we have sooooo much to do!  I have my lists ready and I'm just taking one step at a time.  I'm giving my notice tomorrow and I'm so nervous.  I loved my job and the people are great - I just don't want them to hate me.  

So as of today (plans always change) I am giving my notice tomorrow, John and I are driving both cars (dogs included) to California on 09/05/08, dropping my dogs off at Grammy's, John starts working the 8 or 9th, and while he is at work I will look for a new home that whole week until (hopefully!) I find one.  I will fly back to TN a week or so later and finish packing and wait for the movers.  John and I are going to spend our Labor Day packing as much as we can, so when I come back by myself it won't be to bad.  Then once all the little things are done like turning off the utilities etc, me and Ms. Kitty can fly home.

I have a knot in my stomach.  I am so nervous and hope things work out.  I just want all of this to be done, and I'm so sad to leave TN.  I just keep thinking about our house and neighborhood and how much John and I have done here.  This house; even in the short 3 years, has lots of fun memories and it's been good to us.  I pray to God every night that we are making a wise decision and that we can find a new home we are just as happy with.

Oh, and I wanted to include a picture of my pretty garden so my mom could see.  When my mom came in April she and I planted the pretty flowers and they're still doing really well. :)

No comments: