Here are the ten (there are plenty more, but I don't want to spend all day on this) reasons:
1. Pancake Pantry! This place has the BEST pancakes I've ever eaten. No seriously - no joke, they're super good.
2. The friendly people. I can go anywhere and have a
conversation as if I've known them. No one is hostile here.
3. The scenery. Everywhere you look there is beautiful green
pastures with lots of trees. The lakes are clean and clear.
Nashville offers some of the best fishing.
4. Jack Daniels Distillery. The only whiskey that comes from
Tennessee. The distillery gives you a great tour on how they
make the stuff and the history behind it. The best part is the
2 hour tour is completely free.
5. My home and the land that it sits on. I love the fact that my back and side yards aren't sitting on top of my neighbors. I have plenty of room and I can be as loud as I want without disturbing anyone. I also love that the majority of the houses out here are made from brick. Even the buildings in downtown Nashville are all brick or stone. It feels very medieval. :)
6. Sushi! Okay this is funny because some of the best sushi is in California because it is so close to the ocean and is easier to find, but I am telling you - John and I found the BEST sushi you will ever eat. If I was to leave tomorrow, I would seriously cry...its that good. It's a little hole in the wall called Samurai.
7. I love Centennial Park and best of all my doggies do. There's a very nice dog park that's always busy with different types of dogs. This park is very big and always has activities going on. It also has a centerpiece in the middle of the park - The Parthenon. It's a replica of the original Parthenon in Athens. It serves as an art museum on the inside. :)
8. Downtown Nashville is absolutely a blast. The high rise buildings made of stone and brick take your breath away, and the local bars have been around for years - playing rock & roll or country...just loud enough to make you want a cold one. On the weekends, downtown closes off a couple streets so you get the Mardi Gras feeling of Memphis. It's fun to go to during the day or night!
9. John bought his car from LeAnn Rimes' Dad. :)
10. The seasons. There is a saying in Tennessee that goes - "Once you get tired of the weather, wait a minute." It's so true. The weather here can change on a dime. One day it will be sunny and 90 degree weather, and the next it will be in the 70's and pouring down rain with thunder and lighting. I have never experienced thunder and lighting until I moved here. The thunder is so loud - it shakes the house. I really love that I can live where it snows and have snow days. Or the fact that I can actually wear my Uggs for reason and not fashion! :) The fall is beautiful too. All of the trees turn colors of bright orange and red.








No comments:
Post a Comment