

John and I lived in Rancho Cucamonga, California in a condo for about 3 years that we bought after his mother passed away from cancer in 2003. We loved Rancho and were so excited to be able to buy our first home together. After a few years living there, we decided we wanted bigger space, but the homes were too expensive.
We wanted to move out of Cali and start a new life in a place where we could afford to live comfortably, raise a family, and feel safe. We began researching and exploring our options. Long story short - John accepted a job at Vanderbilt University as a Software Engineer in Nashville, Tennessee. We were beyond excited and also scared to leave the life we had always known in California. Things progressed pretty quickly and much smoother than we expected. John left with his best friend Chas and drove up to start his job while I stayed behind to sell the condo. We sold it quickly and got a great chunk of change since we sold during the top of the market. After I watched the movers load the last box into the moving truck, I went to pack my bags to fly out the next day to Nashville. :)
In the midst of us selling our house - John was also finding us one. He worked with a realtor to find the perfect home. The day I landed in Nashville was the day John got the keys. Everything worked out so perfectly and it felt like this was the way it was
meant to be. We were both so happy with the new life that was just about to begin.
As soon as he picked me up and we were driving to our new home, I had the weirdest feeling. I was excited, but very nervous. I couldn't believed I lived in Tennessee now. Everything looked so completely different than California. TN is so beautiful with trees everywhere and the big open farm lands. The weather was perfect too. We came right at Spring time, so all the flowers were blooming and everything was green. It was so clear of smog and there wasn't any trash along side the freeways, no graffiti on buildings, and everyone we met was super friendly. I felt like I had to slow down and make sure I wasn't rude. I have always known the way life is in California. We all are in such a rush and don't really know the meaning of common courtesy. We all just want to get from A to Z without acknowledging what is in between. So this was a big adjustment for me. I had to learn to be nice and friendly. Stop and smell the roses so to speak. It was very weird!
As soon as we pulled up in the drive way, I was blown away. John did good!!! The house was made of all brick and it was gorgeous! I knew right away life was going to be great here. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment